Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Red Hat OpenShift Hackathon at ZendCon 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
ZEND IN THE CLOUD : 0 TO AWESOME IN MINUTES WITH RED HAT’S OPENSHIFT HACKATHON
Join us for a hackfest on October 24 from 8 - 11ish p.m. (PDT) @ ZendCon, where you get to build with the latest Zend code in the cloud on OpenShift! Enjoy refreshments, write some code, be entered to win some prizes, then enjoy the rest of your evening and rest up for the next day of ZendCon. Registration is free but space is limited. We hope to see you there!
ABOUT OPENSHIFT + ZEND
Zend and OpenShift partnered to deliver the simplest, most flexible platform-as-a-service (PaaS) for PHP Developers. Red Hat's OpenShift PaaS makes it easy to develop, deploy, and scale Zend applications in the cloud. Come learn and build on one of the hottest PaaS platforms and the ONLY Zend platform.
HACKATHON SCHEDULE + OPTIONAL TUTORIAL
Hack with us on October 24 from 8 - 11ish p.m. (PDT) @ ZendCon. You can get coding right away. Or if you want a few pointers, Steve Citron-Pousty from Red Hat will offer a brief tutorial to get you up and running quickly with PHP on OpenShift. Specifically, you'll learn how to:
- Get started with OpenShift as the PaaS for your web application.
- Create an account and namespace.
- Deploy your first PHP application using the command line tools, the web console, or Zend Studio.
- Add and manage either a MySQL or MongoDB backend.
- Manage application changes with Git.
- Make deployments a snap with an instant app and a quick start.
- Spend the rest of the time hacking out some cool application for a chance to win prizes.
FREEBIES FOR PARTICIPANTS
Everyone attending the hackathon gets:
- An extra gear for their OpenShift account
- A limited edition OpenShift t-shirt
- Plenty-o- beer, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks
- To hang out with the OpenShift and Zend crew
JUDGING CRITERIA + PRIZES
We'll be awarding prizes for application categories. Stay tuned for more details closer to the event: Best Overall Zend App, Best Zend App with MongoDB, and Most Awesome, But WTF Does it Do Again? App.
Judging Criteria (equal weight):
- Originality of idea
- Application quality (application works)
- Use of at least one ZF2 component
- Use of OpenShift
- Use of MongoDB (only required for consideration for Best Zend App with MongoDB category)
Category winners will walk home with a Visa gift card. There will also be two randomly drawn prizes handed out during the event.
Registration is limited. You must be a ZendCon 2012 ticket holder to gain access to the Hackathon. If tickets for the Hackathon have all been taken, you can register for a reserve ticket for your chance to still be present.
- Hackathon participants must be registered for both ZendCon and the hackathon.
- Participants may only win in one category.
- Applications should not be under development prior to the hackathon. Pre-existing code libraries and artifacts are allowed, but the spirit of the event encourages participants to build what they can in 3 hours.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the hackathon coordinators.